Select your body type for styles meant for you:
- Bangles and statement bracelets
- Tunic style tops that extend below the hip
- Long pendant necklaces
- Empire waist tops
- Long open cardigan sweater/kimonos
- Patterned tights
- Skinny jeans
- Shoes with straps and embellishments (such as gladiator-style sandals)
- Skirts or dresses with hemline above knee
Apple-shaped bodies have rounded shoulders, bust and waistline in comparison to legs and arms.
Ladies with an apple-shaped body type tend to carry more weight in the waist and shoulders, possibly their hips as well, and less on their arms and legs. Like every shape we have discussed, the key to dressing confidently is to think about creating visual balance between your features. For example, a kimono cardigan over a tunic paired with bright leggings and bangles will draw the eyes away from the torso and bring more emphasis to the rest of your body.
Think about ways to lengthen the torso, such as wearing a long statement necklace, and work to draw attention outward.